- 8 Sleeps
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Historical sicilian villa with salt water swimming pool
- Nice view on the coast and on the Aegadian islands
- Surrounded by nature and fruit trees
- only 5km to the sea
- 4km to Marsala city center
- 14km to Trapani airport
- San Vito Lo Capo 70km/Trapani 30km
- Palermo Unesco 110km/Cefalù 190km
- Valley of Temples Agrigento Unesco 130km
Choose the dates for your stay
Checking for availability
The atmosphere of a historical house and the comfort of a modern villa with pool located in one of the most beautiful towns of Sicily: Villa Maria can be your little piece of heaven for a couple of weeks.
This is one of the charming holiday homes we picked in the area of Marsala. The villa, as well as part of the decor, dates back to the beginning of the 20th century.
The owners have been living here for four generations. This old-fashioned spirit will be clear just looking at the original majolica tiles of the floors of the villa or at its late 19th century furnishings.
Once you get to the villa though, the first thing to catch your eye will surely be the beautiful garden with fruit trees. The house is surrounded by verdant nature, even if it is located in a nice residential area near Marsala city centre.
The outdoor area includes a large patio with a perfect relax corner, furnished with couch and armchairs, a dining area with table and chairs, and a barbecue grill. Right around the corner you will find the private swimming pool, with a poolside area provided with sun loungers.
Now let’s take a look inside. Villa Maria is a classic three-storey house with unique details: the Arab-style roofs – to mention one – are the same used in Pantelleria’s typical homes, the dammusi. Both the 1st and the 2nd floor terraces offer a great sight since they overlook the garden as well as the coast and the Aegadian archipelago. The upper part of the villa, with access to the main garden and to the private pool, is indeed the one destined to the guests. The first floor features a large living room, the dining room, a relax room with TV, the fully equipped kitchen and the first double bedroom with en-suite bathroom. The living room is wide and features a nice view on the garden through its large terrace. The furnishings of every room match the traditional style of the whole villa. On the second floor you will find three more bedrooms: another double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and a nice view on the coast from its own terrace; and 2 twin bedrooms, plus a bathroom with bathtub. The villa sleeps up to 8 guests.
In a separate apartment on the ground floor lives the owner/caretaker, who will be happy to help the guests answering their questions and giving them hints and suggestions on the surroundings (the only shared part of the villa is the parking area next to the main gate).
- Double room
- Twin room
- Flexible doubles/twins
- Travel cot/High chair
- Extra Linen/towels
- Air conditioning
- Bathrooms: 3 of which 2 en suite
- Hair dryer
- Satellite tv
- Wi-Fi Internet
- Dining area
- Plates, glasses, cutlery, pots
- Gas stove
- Washing Machine
- Iron and ironing board
- Tools and linen for kitchen
- Dining Table
- Daily cleaning
- Covered veranda with furniture
- Dining table
- Swimming pool with salt water 4m x 8m depth 1,50m with metal ladder
- Pool towels
- Private Parking
- Sea views
- Shopping service
Villa Maria’s location is sincerely great: the property is in a residential area near Marsala centre, while the nearest beach is just 4 kms away. The beach is the one of Capo Boeo, a nice rocky bay, while the Stagnone nature reserve is just 1 km further.
So whenever you get tired of the pool you can go have a swim in the sea in about 5 minutes. The city of Marsala is famous for its history, since it is one of the oldest towns of Sicily, for its wine, the Marsala – needless to say – and for its architecture. The town was founded by the Phoenicians back in the 4th century BC. Today you can still admire the ruins of one of their fortress on the isle of Mothia, one of the four isles part of the Stagnone reserve.
A view you cannot absolutely miss if you are in town are the windmills and the saltpans right before dusk. The whole Western region of Sicily though has a lot to offer. On the mainland you can choose a new beach everyday: there are at least a dozen spots you can visit just on the small west coast, even more if you are willing to drive a little bit more on the coastal road. If you fancy a day trip you can also get on a ferry and visit the island of Favignana or Levanzo: ferries to the Aegadian archipelago depart everyday from Marsala’s port.
- Mazara del Vallo 23km-14miles
- Trapani 30km-19miles
- Erice 40km-25miles
- Segesta 45km-28miles
- Selinunte 45km-28miles
- San Vito Lo Capo 70km-43miles
- Palermo 110km-68miles
- Agrigento 130km-81miles
- Cefalù 190km-118miles
- Catania 330km-205miles
- Etna volcano 375km-233miles
- Syracuse 380km-236miles
- Taormina 385km-239miles
- Airport Trapani Birgi 14km-9miles
- Airport Palermo 80km-50miles
- Airport Catania 300km-186miles
- Airport Comiso 350km-217miles
- Ferry Marsala - daily connections to the Aegadian Islands
Standard booking conditions include a minimum of 3-4 nights for villas and 2-3 nights for apartments. Different booking conditions may apply for specific properties or seasons. Always check booking availability and rates for your stay. If you have specific requests don't hesitate to make an enquiry.
Weekly price includes:
- Welcome pack
- Supply of bed linen and towels
- Final cleaning
- Fast cleaning and linen change every 7days – for booking more than 14 days
- Energy consumption up to 300 kWh per week – € 0.40 per extra kWh
- Internet WiFi
- Ordinary pool/garden maintenance – once a week
Extra (to be paid locally in cash):
- Extra linen/towels
- Extra cleaning
- For stays shorter than 1week final cleaning €150,00 (min. 4 days, excluding summer period)
- Tourist tax to be paid locally: € 1,00 per person per night up to a 5 night stay. Children up to 14 years, adults over 75 years of age old don’t pay From 15 January to 15 March and from 15 November to 15 December No need to pay tourist tax
Safety deposit: € 800
The deposit will be refunded upon departure, less any damage or consumption (in excess of that agreed in the booking). Greater compensation for further damage is always legally valid.
Terms & conditions
Please, click here to read Our General Booking Conditions